Problem with two nokia phones connected via USB

From: Krzysztof Śniadoch
Subject: Problem with two nokia phones connected via USB
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:48:27 +0200

Hi,
as in subject, I have problem with two nokia phones connected at the same
time :/ Ok, here's detailed situation:

I have two nokia 6021 connected via USB cable CA-42,
after plugging in the first CA-42 cable, kernel says:
usb 1-1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (so everything is great,
kernel sees the cable)
and nokia 6021 attached to the cable responds correctly:

address@hidden:~> gnokii --config /gnokiirc_tel1 --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /gnokiirc_tel1.
phone instance config:
model: 6021
port_device: /dev/ttyUSB0
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 310
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB0
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
[Received Ack of type 1b, seq: 80]

the /gnokiirc_tel1 configuration is:
[global]
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = 6021
initlength = default
connection = serial
smsc_timeout = 31

so, gnokii via /dev/ttyUSB0 can communicate with my phone without any problems

And now, let's plug in the second cable ....

kernel reports:
usb 1-1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (great, that's what we're
looking for)

but ...

address@hidden:~> gnokii --config /gnokiirc_tel2 --identify
GNOKII wersja 0.6.14
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
LOG: rlpdebug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /gnokiirc_tel2.
phone instance config:
model: 6021
port_device: /dev/ttyUSB1
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 310
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/ttyUSB1
Serial device: setting speed to 115200
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
SM_Block: exiting the retry loop
and we see the final note:
Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.

the /gnokiirc_tel2 configuration is:
[global]
port = /dev/ttyUSB1
model = 6021
initlength = default
connection = serial
smsc_timeout = 31

so, the gnokii can't communicate with the phone via /dev/ttyUSB1 :(

I'm out of idea what to try next, tried to change modules, cables, phones ...
everything, without success :/ communication via /dev/ttyUSB1 somehow can't
be established :(

I appreciate any help or even suggestion what might be wrong :/ I really need
to get that two phones working via USB :/

Regards,
Krzychu