Re: Send MMS

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Send MMS
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:17:49 +0300

shacky wrote:
So (I'm sorry, I am a bit obstinate):

Luckily for you, not being a native english speaker, so I can happily ignore that (not a clue what you mean). :-)

My video server (MMS sender) -- GPRS --> My co-location server (MMSC with Mbuni) -- SMS --> MMS recipient (a mobile phone) wich retrieves the MMS by GPRS from my co-location server. But what programs I need to use? Where I have to install Mbuni? Where I have to install Kannel? What program I need to use on the MMS sender to send the MMS?
The project described here is complex. This would be a 5/5 on a DIY-network's difficulty rating. In addition to huge amounts of understanding various networking protocols and setting up complex applications, this will also require some programming. It is starting to look like you will need some experienced help with your setup.

Mbuni and Kannel go to you co-loc server. Kannel requires some sort of SMSC-connection in order to operate. I understood that your idea was to use a GSM-phone. My guess is that your co-loc provider won't allow having a physical mobile phone at their site. That's why I run Gnokii over SOAP.

I found Gammu, but I didn't understand what role it could take in this configuration.

See http://www.hellkvist.org/software/index.php for MMSLIB or http://search.cpan.org/~robl/MMS-Mail-Message-0.06/lib/MMS/Mail/Message.pm for *MMS::Mail::Message* <http://search.cpan.org/author/ROBL/MMS-Mail-Message-0.06/lib/MMS/Mail/Message.pm>. There you can find PHP and Perl source code for creating a MMS-message. If you cannot use those, you'll need to adapt that to your programming language of choice.

Regards,
Jari Turkia