Re: Send MMS

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Send MMS
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 17:50:20 +0300

shacky wrote:

    use a GSM-phone. My guess is that your co-loc provider won't allow
    having a physical mobile phone at their site. That's why I run Gnokii
    over SOAP.

This could not be a problem: perhaps I can install a GPRS modem on my co-location server (perhaps a GPRS/PCMCIA internal card).

Some co-location places are bunkers, other's have a policy which won't allow GSM phones inside at all. Rest may be insulated for electro-magnetic radiation, which very effectively prevents GSM-phones from working. Make sure you don't assume that it's ok to have one.

    See http://www.hellkvist.org/software/index.php
    <http://www.hellkvist.org/software/index.php> for MMSLIB or

<http://search.cpan.org/%7Erobl/MMS-Mail-Message-0.06/lib/MMS/Mail/Message.pm>

What part of the work these programs do for me? How I can use them? I know PHP...
The MMSLIB part will work for you. You can create MMS-messages with it.

Regards,
Jari Turkia