Re: Send Or Receive Long Sms with gnokii

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Send Or Receive Long Sms with gnokii
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:33:31 +0200

Hi,

On 6/5/07, Asep Andria I.W., ST. <address@hidden> wrote:
In a new model (modern) mobile phone we can get a long sms (more than
160 chars) in 1 time.

Even with old Nokias

Even we can send a long sms (more than 160 chars).

Right.

Of course i know even we can send a long sms, the sms provider would
charge the sms by 160 chars.

You mean: will charge us for every part? Correct.

Is there a way to get long sms on 1 record in gnokii?
Is there a way to send long sms from 1 record in gnokii?

What is record? gnokii does not have any records?

If so, which source code i can change to get this things work?
I'm using mysql as a backend database. I try to change to inbox table
for text field from varchar(160) to text field type but still no luck.
Still receive long sms cutten by 160 chars.

You mean smsd?

take care,
Pawel Kot