accents lost sending calendar notes

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: accents lost sending calendar notes
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:52:32 +0200

I found several messages on this topic, and checked that all the
LOCALE settings are correctly set to UTF8, which is the default in my
system (Linux Mandriva 2007).
The version of gnokii is 0.6.13.
Problem: _receiving_ calendar notes accents are OK, but _sending_ data any
accents (all non plain-ascii char) are deleted and the message is
interrupted before the first accent.

I'm sure of the encoding. Receing data from the telephone is OK either
if I receive it as plain file or as vcalendar file. Sending data is
wrong despite any attempt to change the encoding.

Thanks for your attention!
guido, italy

--
http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido