Re: SMS notifications for the AT driver

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Re: SMS notifications for the AT driver
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 02:06:51 +0100

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 02:28 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/7/07, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > +CMTI: "ME",172
> > >
> > > +CMTI: "ME",175
> > >
> > > +CMTI: "ME",172
> >
> > I still have a problem in that the gn_sms_get() gets the wrong message
> > from the phone. Any ideas?
>
> There's another problem. atbus driver is not ready for unsolicited
> messages which handling involves sending and receiving data. Handler
> function is called before rewinding atbus message buffer. I don't
> fully understand atbus_rx_statemachine() code so haven't done any
> changes yet. All sm_incoming_function() should be at the end of the
> function, but there's probably some side effect of that. Will take a
> closer look tomorrow. Any volunteers for that are welcome. Attached
> updates Bastien's patch for further testing.

How about postponing the call of the notification to the next
gn_sm_loop() call?

The atbus driver (which is used by the AT generic, and other AT drivers)
is the only one to have such a problem. We could push the event onto a
list in atbus_rx_statemachine(), and pop it in atbus_loop().

If we do it at the beginning of the atbus_loop, we probably wouldn't
waste any time getting notifications.

--
Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>