Re: gnapplet: overcoming dlltool dependency?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnapplet: overcoming dlltool dependency?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:55:37 +0100

Hi,

On Nov 26, 2007 5:19 PM, Lukáš Petrovický <address@hidden> wrote:
> During the course of today I have been trying to make gnapplet
> functional under Symbian S60 3rd edition phones.
>
> I managed to get the source code to compile (using just a really small
> patch) with the current stable Nokia SDKs, but I haven't been able to
> produce a .sis file - the Makefile needs a program called dlltool, which
> I wasn't able to find neither in Linux nor in Windows version of the
> CodeSourcery GCC required to compile software for ARM.

Could you share your patches please? I've been trying (I admit that I
didn't spend too much time on it) to compile it under Windows with the
tools provided by Nokia, and there weren't too many APIs that didn't
change.

> Could anyone please lead me out of the dark on how to create the .sis
> file when there's no dlltool available? Or perhaps... how to get the
> dlltool when various GCC distributions (like the one in Ubuntu I'm using
> or the CodeSourcery's one)  don't seem to include it?

As for dll tool it seems it is gone from 3rd Edition. So you will need
to probably rewrite makefiles
I don't know if it helps much, but maybe hints on
http://www.martin.st/symbian/ will be useful.

take care,
Pawel Kot