Re: Model entry for 2125

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Model entry for 2125
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:45:13 +0100

chris burgess wrote:

> My tests show the phone will accept (says "SMS sent / Send succeeded") SMS
> using any of 3110, 6100 or 6510 drivers.

that's because 3110, 6100 and 6510 use the same driver (nk6510); it will also
accept the other model numbers listed at
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Supported_models
(I just updated that list:)
we will add the 2125 too if you can make it work

> But it can't read the SMSC number,
> which I think is the reason the SMS aren't delivered.

did you follow the suggestion in the warning message?
"Cannot read the SMSC number from your phone. If the sms send will fail,
please use --smsc option explicitely giving the number."

0.6.18 is too old, you should upgrade to 0.6.22 anyway

> $ gnokii --getsms ME 1
> Getting SMS...
> GetSMS ME 1 failed! (Invalid type of memory.)

"ME" doesn't work for nk6510, see man gnokii:

"The  exception  are
the  phones supported by nk7110 (Nokia 7110/6210/6250) and nk6510 (Nokia
6310/6510/8310) drivers.
For these you should use IN for the Inbox, OU for the Outbox, AR for the
Archive, TE for the Tem-
plates and F1, F2, ... for your own folders."

> 1. Can anyone tell me the "right" model to use for this?

model = 6510 until we add 2125

> 2. If not, how can I contribute best by testing and identifying the model
> this device corresponds to?

provide the debug log and the output of gnokii --identify
also copy what the display shows when you type *#0000# on phone keypad

> 4. When getting Contacts, SMSs etc, do we count from 1 (not 0)?

contacts and SMS start from 1, missed/received/dialed calls from 0, but it
might depend on the phone, just try to read from 0

--
Daniele