Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:50:15 +0100

Hi,

On Jan 4, 2008 5:38 PM, Guido Milanese <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 04/01/2008, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> > You should use 0.6.22 and make sure that just one libgnokii version is
> > installed in your system.
> > After that please try again and report if the problem persists.
> Even worse, I'm afraid. I had 06.18 because it is the version that is
> provided by Ubuntu 7.10.

If anyone is going to tell me how to prepare binary packages for
Ubuntu, I'm going to put the packages at Ubuntu Personal Package
Archives.

> As I said, it was all right in the command line, I had one problem in the GUI.
> Tried to compile the new version, got an error message saying that
> Bluetooth is not available.

To compile from the source you need development versions of various
libraries. In Ubuntu they have -dev suffix. Install one for
libbluetooth.

> Removed that new version, returned to the
> original provided by Ubuntu, got again this message:
> guido:~$ gnokii --monitor
> GNOKII Versione 0.6.18
> Couldn't read /home/guido/.gnokiirc config file.
> No connection type specified in the config file.

Probably new version of the library remained installed. And old gnokii
did link to new libgnokii which does not have bluetooth support.

> The config file has all the permission OK, of course, and is owned by
> the regular user, but anyway nothing changes if I run the program as
> "sudo" or even als root.
>
> A 'locate libgnokii ' returns:
> /usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so.3.6.0
> /usr/local/lib/libgnokii.la
> /usr/local/lib/libgnokii.a
> /usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so.3
> /usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so

That's right. That's a new version.

> Sorry for the inconvenience! May be some obscure file left by the new version?

Indeed.

Pawel Kot