Re: smsd: execute a command when it receives a SMS

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd: execute a command when it receives a SMS
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 10:59:24 +0100

On Saturday 05 January 2008, 00:25:51, shacky wrote:

> So I'm thinking about creating a script (in Perl, PHP or Python) which
> receives the whole text of the SMS from smsd when it is received,
> parse it and insert all the needed values in the database.

use smsd with the file backend;
look at the "THE FILE MODULE" paragraph in man smsd for details

there have been reports in the past about phones needing a reboot after some
days of use; there have been improvements in FBUS initialization recently
that might help cure these problems, so use libgnokii from CVS (0.6.23cvs),
search this mailing list to see if your phone has alreadly been used by
someone and do your tests before writing any substantial amount of code
--
Daniele