Re: gnokii 0.6.23

From: Leo \"costela\" Antunes
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.23
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 17:57:48 +0100

Hey Pawel,

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Pawel Kot wrote:

> Why they should be in /usr/sbin?

I suggest that only because they, AFAIK, tend to be used as root and as
daemons. But since they're not strictly only usable by root they don't
_need_ to be there (according to the FHS, at least).

> Could you please show configure output? And config log? Do you run
> configure script from the tarball? If you generate your own, are you
> sure you use *new* autogen.sh script?

I'm using the standard configure script.

I've attached the config.log and build output from the following commands:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs" ; make
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs,-lglib-2.0" ; make

So you have 4 files representing the two situations: build with '-z
defs' and build with '-z defs' plus manual override to '-lglib-2.0'.
The third not mentioned situation, the normal build, goes OK.
All was tried on pristine tarballs.

One last thing: it seems "make clean" is removing common/gnvcal.c, is
that intentional and necessary? Since this makes it impossible for two
sequential builds with a clean in between, and this in turn may cause
some trouble for Debian auto-build daemons, could that be changed?
I know having flex installed could solve this problem, but I wanted to
keep build-dependencies to a minimum, and since the file is already in
the tarball, it seemed like it could be left there after a clean.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes