Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokie N95 8GB
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:04:52 +0300

BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
not that we are aware of, but the original author of gnapplet, Borbely
Zoltan, might step in at some time
I'm going to buy an S60 3rd edition phone in the near future (I hope just
some weeks).

With Nokia's dev tools you don't need to own such thing. I managed to set up the emulator with a spare Bluetooth-key so that it is possible to have a Linux on a laptop 1 and run Symbian software on the emulator with native BT-support on laptop 2. Both the S60 emulator and Linux see each other via Bluetooth. After completing that I run into trouble with Cardide.c++ and 2nd ed Gnapplet code (but that's an another story).

This is possible only on Windows and the BT-emu-driver hogs the specific BT apparatus for itself (until the driver is uninstalled). That's why you may want to use an external USB key for emulator.

Regards,
Jari Turkia