Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 23

From: Subbarayan Ganesan
Subject: Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 23
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 15:06:40 +0530

My intention was to use gnokii, gnokii-smsd with pgsql  to bring it as SMS Server to  auto reply queries sent through SMS.

I use Mandriva Linux 2008.0

I connect Nokia 6100 Phone with dku5 cable.
                         /etc/gnokiirc options (only changed from default)  are
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model  = 6510
connection = dku5

'gnokii --identify'  gives the following output.

GNOKII Version 0.6.22
IMEI         : 350991302078486
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : 6100
Product name : NPL-2
Revision     : V 04.70

AND  gnokii-smsd options are

SMSD_OPTS=" --user rampro --db smstest  --host 127.0.0.1 --module pq --inbox=IN"

the command  `gnokii  --getsms IN 1`   returns  valid text. The database connection was ok and tested.

But within a minute after starting the gnokii-smsd service , it send the following text to stdout:

Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Quitting.
GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model?). Quitting.
Command timed out.

gnokii with identify, sendsms, getsms options are working fine in command prompt.

But  'gnokii-smsd'   gives the above  error.