Re: Get complete, recursive file list?

From: Mariano Draghi
Subject: Re: Get complete, recursive file list?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:50:16 -0300

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Mariano Draghi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I haven't looked much into the "byid" commands... but I've tried them
>> a couple of times, and I always got an error back. As the other
>> commands work just fine, I assumed the "byid" commands don't work with
>> this model.
>
> I was using them with 6136 which should be similiar.

Ok, I'll check again.

> If you can't use libgnokii directly, the easiest way would be to write
> simple gnokii-like app that would just do file handling and output
> just what you want. Writing such app is a couple of minutes of
> copy&pasting from gnokii.

Ok, but I would rather spend that time in the libgnokii python
bindings... at least exposing the file operations API.

That because I suppose that libgnokii supports what I'm trying to do
internally... does it? I'm recursing the phone filesystem from certain
path, or at least, giving some metadata let me know if the file is a
regular file or a directory.

>> On the other hand, I can transfer files from/to the phone using
>> bluetooth from GNOME, and I *think* that uses Obex (over bluetooth, of
>> course), so yes, the phone itself supports Obex.
>
> Definitely. I mean for both. Bluetooth from GNOME uses Obex. And that
> means that phone supports Obex :)

And how does Obex help here?
Could you give me some hints? Is it a protocol I can use to traverse
the filesystem in the phone?

> To be honest Python bindings are longstanding on the TODO list and I'm
> looking for someone who would lead development in that direction. The
> other way around is helping in developing dbus daemon and exposing all
> libgnokii functionality into dbus. That would make equally easy python
> development.

I'll look into that. I'm definitely NOT willing to lead a "formal"
development, mainly because I have no experience in
python-to-some-c-library bindings. But I can try to do something, at
least exposing a partial API. And maybe others will follow...

Cheers,

--
Mariano / el cHagHi [ http://chaghi.com.ar/blog ]
PyAr - Python Argentina [http://python.org/ar ]