Re: Siemens M20 error sending SMS

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Siemens M20 error sending SMS
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 12:57:01 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:42, Paulo Rodrigues
<address@hidden> wrote:
> reading the gnokiirc conf file, I thought gnokii supported this model, but
> perhaps I'm wrong? I tried sending an SMS with

It supports most AT compatible phones. If your phone supports PDU SMS,
there's 99,99% chance you can send SMS with gnokii.

> echo hi | gnokii --sendsms 93920XXXX
[...]
> GNOKII Version 0.6.22

Start from upgrading, preferably to CVS version.

> Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
> Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
> SMS Send failed (Data format is not valid.)

And enabling debug log.

> Am I missing something?

Yeah, you didn't read Docs/Bugs file which says how to report a bug/problem.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot