Re: How to starting smsd automatically when system boots

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: How to starting smsd automatically when system boots
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:47:17 +0200

On ma, 2008-10-20 at 09:36 +0500, Shoaib Khan wrote:
> Hi All,
> I hope you all will be fine and healthy,I hope my question won't
> disturbs you
> can anyone tell me that how can i starts smsd command (with all its
> parameters) when our linux Redhat server boots just like httpd service
> is started automatically when system boots
> I hope my question doesn't irritates anyone.
> Thanks
> Shoaib A Khan

As a sys-admin you should know without asking. I don't run RedHat but
Ubuntu, but al Linux distributions are simular in this respect.

There should be a start-up and stop script in /etc/init.d (this can be
another dir in RedHat). You should be able to use one of the other
scripts there as an example to write your own.

>From your run-level dir (/etc/rc3.d ?) there should be a symbolic link
to this script called S[number][scriptname] and from your stop dir
(/etc/rc1.d ?) a symbolic link called K[number][scriptname]

Your phone has to be connected to your server before your
S[number][scriptname] is run, so if for instance you have a Blue Tooth
connection, Blue Tooth must be up and running before the script is run.

If you use a database to store your messages, the database should be
started before smsd.

--
Yours
Aart