FC10, Gnokii 0.6.27, Couldn't open PHONET device

From: Jean Jacques Siebrits
Subject: FC10, Gnokii 0.6.27, Couldn't open PHONET device
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:21:56 +0200

Hi all

I just installed a FC10 machine and trying to connect a Nokia 6020 with a CA-53 USB cable.

My settings in my gnokiirc file are as follows:

model = 6020
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
connection = dku2libusb

When running gnokii --identify I get this:

GNOKII Version 0.6.27
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6020
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
connection = dku2libusb
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device USB
Couldn't open PHONET device: No such file or directory
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Cannot unlock device.
Command failed.

dmesg gives me this:

usb 3-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 3-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 3-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 3-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 3-2: device not accepting address 4, error -71
usb 3-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 3-2: device not accepting address 5, error -71
hub 3-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

Any ideas?  I tried changing the port to usbmon0 and get the same.  Looks to me it might be the OS itself not liking the phone?

Thanks :-)