Re: Nokia 6230i with DKU-2 under Windows ?

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Nokia 6230i with DKU-2 under Windows ?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:47:03 +0200

Axel Kowald wrote:
I deinstalled the PC Suite and installed only the connection cable driver.
As before the 6230i says it got a data connection but none of the com ports from 1 to 10 is working.

Apparently you're missing something, there is no point in trying each and every COM-port. See your Phone and Modem settings for details about virtual COM-port assignments.

So I guess that means it is not so easy to compile libusb for Windows!?
If you have any version where you need a beta tester, I would be happy to offer my help :-)

Most of your thanks should go to Stephan Meyer who initally started the project and put it publicly available as open-source.

What we need is verification that his work is usable, latest version is from year 2004. And after everything clicks together and we have a working 64-bit version compiling and packaging with latest DDK we still must confirm that Gnokii will work with or without this nice library.

When my slow work comes to that point I'll give you a howler.

Regards,
Jari Turkia