Re: strange error with my nokia 5300

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: strange error with my nokia 5300
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:12:03 +0200

2009/4/1 Luisa Ravelli:

> But I found in the output file this concatenated message in which the
> code isn't correct.. if with "problema nel codice" you mean something
> like this

no "Si è verificato un problema nel codice specifico del modello." is
the actual error message that is printed for GN_ERR_INTERNALERROR

> 375. Messaggio ricevuto (Sconosciuto)
> Data/ora: 21/02/2009 17.14.52 +0100
> Mittente: +39xxxxxxxxxxxx Centro Msg:
> Concatenato:
> Concatenato (1/2):
> @address@hidden
> address@hidden address@hidden@address@hidden@f£ ì address@hidden@襡Å@:@R£pù
> Σ@ @4¥Δ
> @address@hidden@@£¡
> address@hidden
> address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden@<¥¡
> @:@address@hidden@address@hidden
>

> 377. Messaggio ricevuto (Sconosciuto)
> Data/ora: 21/02/2009 17.15.00 +0100
> Mittente: +39xxxxxxxxxxx9 Centro Msg:
> Concatenato:
> Concatenato (2/2):
> @o@@address@hidden(address@hidden@o@@address@hidden@h£(address@hidden@t@

this is yet another different issue, probably the same reported about
Chinese SMS, can you see any difference with respect to the SMS which
are correctly decoded? Can you send me those SMS as files?
Use gnokii --getsms IN 375 and look for a line: Filename:
C:\predefmessages\1\...
then use gnokii --getfile "C:\predefmessages\1\..." witht the name
found above (don't forget the "")
and I need to know what's the text that should be read

so we have
1) MMS incorrectly classified as SMS (hopefully fixed)
2) infinite loop when using --getsms 1 end
3) incorrect decoding of some SMS
this is because support for S40 3rd is young
--
Daniele Forsi