Re: maximum memory locations

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: maximum memory locations
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:20:35 +0200

2009/7/15 Vieri:

> How can I determine beforehand the maximum number of memory locations for
> both SM and ME?

you can use AT+CPMS? in a terminal program or search it in the debug output of:
 gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus
in my case I get
first number is stored messages, second is maximum number (for me 50
in SM and 1000 in ME)

> Or better yet, how can I know in which memory locations are sms messages
> stored?

this isn't implemented in the current drivers

> Currently, my quick fix is a "for loop" in a custom script that calls "gnokii
> --getsms SM $loop" and ignores errors.

it's faster using explicit ending number (it ignores invalid
locations), in my case
 gnokii --getsms SM 1 50
note that this reads 50 locations every time, even if they are all
empty, but it should be faster than calling gnokii many times
--
Daniele Forsi