nokia 1203

From: Salim Tyrewala
Subject: nokia 1203
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:09:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm new to gnokii.

I'm trying to run gnokii on Linux with my Nokia 1203. I bought
a cable (CA-50) which I was told should work with it. It connects
to the usb port of a PC. It seems to be just a cable with nothing
to shift levels. I tried to run gnokii but the phone doesn't respond
to the gnokii --identify command.

I was wondering if the cable is the right one. Could somebody
please tell me what cable I should use? Does gnokii include
driver support for the cable-phone combination?

Thanks,
Salim