Re: Gnokii project and Linux kernel

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii project and Linux kernel
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:49:27 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 08:36,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does  Gnokii project depend on Linux Kernel?

gnokii uses linux kernel but does not depend on it. It works also on
*BSD family, Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows. For obvious reasons it uses
the OS system capabilities like: USB driver, BT drivers, etc.

> I played with Gammu ( similar to Gnokii) that has the same base and found out
> that if I use
>
> kernel 2.6.18-5-686
> it works well.
>
> But if use
> 2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-686
> or
> 2.6.26-486-voyage
>
> does not.
> Is it the same with Gnokii?

No idea - it may depend on plenty of factors. Why not check it out by yourself?

> Or is the Gnokii  better or not?

That's not a good question.

take care,
--