gnokii 0.6.29, Eyjafjallajökull

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: gnokii 0.6.29, Eyjafjallajökull
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:17:05 +0200

Hi,

New gnokii version is released now. 0.6.29 introduces number of
bugfixes, improvements and changes.

Encoding issues
All encoding issues should be fixed right now. All unicode and default
alphabet text messages should be encoded properly even if they are
longer than 160 chars. Please note that libiconv and glib-2.0
dependency is introduced for libgnokii.

Series40 support
Improvements in handling new Nokia Series40 phones (like Nokia 6303).
The support is not completed yet, but improved around phonebook and
calendar.

Config file location
gnokii default file locations have changed. We're now using
freedesktop.org standards and all XDG environment variables (with
alternatives for Windows and Mac OS X. If you discover any problem
regarding this or any inconsistency, let us know. We're backwards
compatible: $HOME/.gnokiirc and /etc/gnokiirc still work (but if you
have a config in some of XDG locations it will take precedence).

Windows
This version most likely does not build under Windows. If you can help
with it, let us know.

Eyjafjallajökull
It proved that we're pretty helpless and unprepared for major
distractions from mother nature. And I cannot pronounce the name
therefore I like it so much (just give me back my suitcase!). ;)

Download:
http://www.gnokii.org/download/gnokii/gnokii-0.6.29.tar.gz
http://www.gnokii.org/download/gnokii/gnokii-0.6.29.tar.bz2
http://www.gnokii.org/download/gnokii/gnokii-0.6.29.txt