Re: Issues with gnokii --sendsms 8 bit

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Issues with gnokii --sendsms 8 bit
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:41:38 +0200

Hi,

Please do not toppost.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 20:28, Anand Deshpande <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to implement the client portion in a server<->client scenario.
> The server side code is implemented in Java and requires 8-bit encoding, so
> my client has to send out the request in the PDU 8-bit format, and not in the
> more standard 7-bit ASCII notation.

Are you sure you need 8 bit encoding? That is actually not very
popupar and I doubt that any handset supports 8bit encoding just as
is. Usually 8 bit encoding is used combined with some user data
header.

I really doubt you need 8 bit encoding.

This server reads the messages from the remote GSM device? Does it
provide some specification?

On the other hand due to the reasons I have I doubt anybody was
testing this functionality for the loooong time. It probably should be
reviewed and retested.

--
Pawel Kot