Re: Problem sending multipart messages with Motorola V3

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Problem sending multipart messages with Motorola V3
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 16:36:35 +0200

2010/7/30 Renato Duarte Soffiatto:

> Even if i send only a few random characters after this first part, the
> timeout still happens. With:
> echo Mensagem recebida. Em breve um de nossos agentes irá contactá-lo. XXXXX
> | gnokii --sendsms +xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> the problem happens.
>
> The same happens with SMSD.

so you only get a timeout, not a segfault like the word "crash" in
your first email led me to think?
I simulated a timeout and I see no crash in gnokii and smsd, git versions

it's bad that you need to disconnect your phone but I'm afraid there's
little gnokii can do apart waiting more, you can try to increase
smsc_timeout in your gnokiirc from the default 10 seconds, but this
won't solve your problem if the timeout happens because the phone is
already wedged, of course there is the possibilty that we're doing
something that upsets your phone, but the PDU printed in your debug
log looks ok with the fake driver

What happens if you send the message with another AT phone?
And what happens with your Motorola if a multipart message contains
only English letters and numbers?
For testing with the fake driver see
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Fake_driver
--