Re: sending sms via gnokii to a number at port 5000

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: sending sms via gnokii to a number at port 5000
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:07:02 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:29 AM, sunny sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wan't to send an sms via port 5000 to another person via gnokii. Is this
> possible? If yes how can is send it to a particular port.
> For eg: say sending sms to 9840955185:5000

No, it's not possible to do that from the command line. However you
could modify libgnokii sources to add another user data header to do
it. On the other hand I'm not sure if you know what it means sending
to a particular port. You would need to have an app on the phone that
handles that. And the message format would need to be specific to this
app.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot