RE: Nokia 5130c-2 writecalendar overwrites notes

From: gnokii
Subject: RE: Nokia 5130c-2 writecalendar overwrites notes
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:18:11 +0530

Thanks Pawel  :-)

It's repeatable.  I've been testing with ~350 notes.  The first two notes
have always been stored in the same location.  The remaining notes have also
been stored in the same location or the next (and, on one run, the next):

>> the notes were written to only two or three locations, thus
>> overwriting all but two or three of the notes.  This information
>> came from gnokii output and was confirmed by getcalendarnote.
>> I cannot see any pattern to when it switched from one location
>> to the next; for three runs using the same input file:

>> 1. Used two locations; switched at 34% of the way through.
>> 2. Used two locations; switched at 61%.
>> 3. Used three locations; switched at 9% and 82%.

This variability could be explained by it being a hardware-dependent timing
issue.

Best

Charles