Seg Faulting

From: Bradley Andersen
Subject: Seg Faulting
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:59:45 -0500

I have periodically seen smsd seg fault, seemingly out of nowhere,
sometimes apparently caused programmatically (for example, the '|'
character in outbox messages has caused me trouble).  Attached is a
clip of the most recent of these.  Unfortunately, I do not have debug
symbols compiled in.  But, as you can see from the clip, messages are
happily coming in and going out, and then, something happens.  I've
checked user input seems fine.  I can show more details to an
interested helper.

Any insight appreciated.

\bda