phone number validation

From: Bradley Andersen
Subject: phone number validation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:11:18 -0500

Hi,

In gnokii 0.6.30, if I send it a "blank" phone number, gnokii still tries to deliver to that phone number, and seg faults.  I have not looked at the gnokii source, and I know that validating phone numbers is impossible to do perfectly, just like email addresses.  But I wonder why something that does not even resemble a phone number (an empty string) would be accepted and used in a function that requires a string?

Please correct me if I am wrong; as I said, you may be looking for this in the source, I have not looked.

Thank you!
\bda