Problems reading SMS from Nokia 3109c

From: Alexandre A. Alves
Subject: Problems reading SMS from Nokia 3109c
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:11:11 +0100

Hello All,

I am unable reading SMS messages from Nokia 3109c cell phone.

I am using Nokia 3109c with DKE-2 USB cable with the configuration that
follows:

##  Nokia 3109c
[phone_1]
port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = AT
connection = serial
sm_retry = 0
initlength = default
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 5

I can communicate with the cell phone:
>gnokii --phone 1 -identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.29
IMEI         : 359311025446897
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia 3109c
Product name : Nokia 3109c
Revision     : V 07.21

But I am unable to get SMSs from the cell phone:
>gnokii --phone 1 --getsms IN 1
GNOKII Version 0.6.29
Getting SMS failed (location 1 from IN memory)! (Unknown error - well better
than nothing!!)

Because... I get no folders:
>gnokii --phone 1 --showsmsfolderstatus
GNOKII Version 0.6.29
No. Name                                         Id #Msg

Does anyone knows how can I read SMS messages from this cell phone?

Thank you,