gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does no

From: shirish शिरीष
Subject: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does not show full info. - also something wrong still.
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:57:08 +0530

Hi all,
 I wanted to know where my sms are stored, in memory card, internal
memory or sim card/s . I used the gnokii-showsmsfolderstatus to try it
and put the output in some text file so I could view it later. This
for some reason doesn't work as shown :-

$ gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus
GNOKII Version 0.6.30
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/shirish/.config/gnokii/config.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = usbpn0
connection = phonet
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device usbpn0
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
Message received: 0x1b / 0x003e
xxxxx |       X8 2V 06.5
xxxxx | 2 29-07-11 RM-70
xxxxx | 2 (c) Nokia
xxxxx |         MH1
Received message type 1b
model length: 6
Received model RM-702
Getting SMS Folders...
Message sent: 0x14 / 0x0006
00 01 00 12 00 00                               |
Message received: 0x14 / 0x000a
00 00 00 f0 01 00 00 00 00 00                   |
Received message type 14
Falling back to file mode.
NK6510_GetSMSFolders: before switch to S40_30
error: Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by
the phone driver. (6)
Using GetSMSFolders for Series40 3rd Ed
Trying to retrieve filelist of c:\predefmessages\*.* from cache
Cache empty or expired
Timeout for getting file list: 500
Message sent: 0x6d / 0x0033

It again shows some 6 messages all with some numbers and then goes on say :-

Adding key c:\predefmessages\*.* to map (nil).
New map (nil).
Misconfiguration in the phone table detected.
Please report to gnokii ml (address@hidden).
Model (null) ((null)) is series40 3rd+ Edition.
No. Name                                         Id #Msg
Using GetSMSFolderStatus for Series40 3rd Ed
Trying to retrieve filelist of C:\predefmessages\1\*.* from cache
Getting key C:\predefmessages\1\*.* from map 0x2348370.
Getting key C:\predefmessages\1\*.* from map 0x2348370.
Cache empty or expired
Timeout for getting file list: 500

Ok so first thing is, it's saying that Function or error type not
supported by the phone or the phone driver ?

See

'NK6510_GetSMSFolders: before switch to S40_30
error: Function or connection type not supported by the phone or by
the phone driver. (6) '

Other than that whenever I give something like this :-

$gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus > showsmsfolderstatus.txt

I get the file showsmsfolderstatus.txt as this, is this to be expected ?

No. Name                                         Id #Msg
  0 SMS Inbox                                    IN    0
  1 SMS Outbox, items to be sent                OUS    1
  2 SMS Outbox, sent items                       OU    0
  3 SMS Archive                                  AR    6
  4 SMS Drafts                                   DR    1
  5 SMS Templates                                TE    0

Lastly, Does 'sudo ifconfig usbpn0 up' have to be run each time for it
seems to go down after sometime ? Does anybody know anything about it
? Think possibly for power-saving ?

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल