Re: problem with 8bit characters

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: problem with 8bit characters
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:38:56 +0200

2012/4/16 alonso acuña:

> Hi. I have done some more tests and I'm starting to understand better the
> character set issues. Not sure if this is a bug but I find it is strange and
> since it was not documented (I think?) I spent several days figuring it out.

you still didn't show the debug output I asked in my previous reply

> So in summary the instructions for me to be able to send special characters
> are: put the content utf8 encoded in a file, set LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF8 and
> send with cat file | gnokii . Did I miss this on the documentation? I am
> doing something weird? Is there a bug somewhere?

IMO this aspect doesn't need specific documentation because it's
supposed to work automatically if all the programs use the same
encoding (terminal and gnokii or smsd and database and your
application) because libgnokii converts to and from your locale
settings so it shouldn't matter if you're using UTF-8 or ISO-8859-*

--
Daniele Forsi