Re: gnokii 0.6.29 and 0.6.32 master segfaults

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.29 and 0.6.32 master segfaults
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:15:34 +0200

2012/4/26 Charles:

> After creating /etc/udev/rules.d/45-nokiadku2.rules with the following
> simplified content (the change from ACTION="add" to ACTION=="add" is
> important) ...
>
> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{manufacturer}=="Nokia",
> MODE="0660", GROUP="plugdev"
>
> ... and reloading the rules, gnokii --identify worked :-)

great
BTW, I was using a broken udev rule, the suggested one works for me

> Thank you for working with me on this and being so responsive.
>  I learned a lot.

you have done your part

> I will contact the SlackBuilds.org SlackBuild maintainer and suggest
> adding the udev rule to the build.

with the next release of libgnokii there will be no need to blacklist
cdc_phonet and phonet, you just need the write permissions set with
that udev rule

distributions can choose between two groups: the one used for
removable devices (eg. plugdev) or the one used for modems (eg.
dialout)
--
Daniele Forsi