Re: Gnokii interfacing with Nokia 1110 RH-93 FBUS

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Gnokii interfacing with Nokia 1110 RH-93 FBUS
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:10:44 +0100

2013/1/29 Florin Cocos:

> I'm connecting my Nokia 1110 (RH-93) FBUS interface to the PC via usb-serial
> adapter.

> Commands like reset, dial, answer, hangup work but what I'm interested in:
> getsms and sendsms don't work.

that's expected and clearly documented in README-6510 and I guess also
in the mailing list archives

we call Nokia 1110 a "Series 30" and some of the commands that work
with "Series 40" just don't work, so either you find out if different
commands are available (good luck on this!) or you get another phone,
or better an USB stick, Nokias Series 40 3rd are mostly untested
anyway

here you can see the different series:
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/?filter1=all

to find if different commands are available I'm afraid the only way is
an exaustive search of all possible combinations, that's what I've
done for the recent update of memory names (I just tried all values
from 0 to 255, the risk is hitting a factory reset command or worse a
command that will brick your phone)

I don't know if a "getsms" command exists so it might be a waste of
time but if you or someone else who owns a Nokia 1110 wants to do that
I can give some advice or if someone wants to donate such a phone I
can try this myself

> For example getsms fails with:
> gnokii --getsms ME 0

zero isn't necessarily a valid location, not that it makes any
difference in your case

--
Daniele Forsi