Re: unable to retrieve listed messages

From: Noel Butler
Subject: Re: unable to retrieve listed messages
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 10:29:29 +1000

On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 11:05 +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:
2013/9/22 Noel Butler

> This would assume that gnokii got the other messages, but it did not, so using this, I would lose the messages

you're right, I didn't understand

Thats ok, I think that's a bug that needs a classification of "serious" , but perhaps because it doesnt always happen (first time I've seen it), I would not say it is urgent at this stage, unless others are also seeing this, and at a greater rate than I.

> I did look at smsd years ago, If we had a large volume inbound I certainly would use it, but is overkill for our situation I think.

smsd can work without a database using the file module which calls a
program of your choice for every SMS arrived, but I don't know how it
behaves with compressed SMS,
Indeed, I would think much the same as now, but I have no idea since my limit is perl :)

Cheers