Re: smsd + libmysqlclient charset changes after some time

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: smsd + libmysqlclient charset changes after some time
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:11:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014, address@hidden wrote:

Hello.

> Now I don't know if this problem is related to smsd-msql or
> simply the libmysqlclient or anything else.  Maybe the mysql-client
> does something unexpected when reconnecting to a server.
> I have to note that after every restart of smsd there is no problem
> for about 12 hours.
>
> Currently I'm running a test if the "SET NAMES 'utf8';" statement
> during the DB_ConnectInbox() function is enough...

That is interesting and weird. Do I understand right, that there is no
explicit reconnecting from smsd side?
>From the first look it seem to me like something internal in mysql client
library but I don't know for sure. Please continue testing and let us know
the results.

Jan

PS:
I found this link about mysql client debuging:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/debugging-client.html