Re: sony-ericsson p910i

From: Walter Cazzola
Subject: Re: sony-ericsson p910i
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:31:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Daniele Forsi wrote:

I don't know what SyncML is or how to install it on my PC/phone.

I never used it but it was reported to work, here there is also a list
of software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML

I found SynchML between the files backup-ed so probably it is supported
by my phone.

if you can send one to me I can look at it,

it is not so easy, attached you find the catalog of the whole backup
file; as you can see apart multimedia files all the other are pretty
anonymous. I suppose that SMSs are those in the Mail dir but I can't bet
on that. I you want I can send one to you privately.

SMS are likely to e in a somewhat standard format, while contacts are
likely to be harder to understand, but you can do test yourself if SMS
are in the same format as the AT protocol:
mkdir /tmp/sms/
hexdump -v -e '/1 "%02X"' <my-file.ecs >/tmp/sms/1

I've tried this on one of the file in Mail and I can translate it from
executable format to text but ...

gnokii --phone fake --getsms ME 1

... when I try this I get

  GNOKII Version 0.6.31
  LOG: debug mask is 0x1
  Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
  phone instance config:
  model = fake
  port = foobar
  connection = serial
  initlength = default
  serial_baudrate = 19200
  serial_write_usleep = -1
  handshake = software
  require_dcd = 0
  smsc_timeout = 10
  rfcomm_channel = 0
  sm_retry = 0
  Initializing...
  Connecting
  Getting message #2 from ME
  Invalid message center length (105)
  Getting SMS failed (location 2 from ME memory)! (Problem occurred
  internal to model specific code.)

that I can't interpret or fix

I see, do you know any alternatives to this?

only if you can get a standard connection method to work, for example
obexftp ca read the entire phonebook in vCard format:

this would be great.

obexftp --bluetooth 00:11:22:33:44:55 --get telecom/pb.vcf
and the same with --irda or --usb

what is «00:11:22:33:44:55» it looks as a mac address but I don't know
how to get it.

Walter