wikipedia-mode.el 0.4

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: wikipedia-mode.el 0.4
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 13:22:15 +0200

Hello

Some time ago I sent Chong Yidong, the author of
wikipedia-mode.el some patches and he encouraged me to overtake
wikipedia-mode. His only restriction was, that I should not use
Xemacs specific code.

TESTED:
That I have done, the new version, 0.4, has been tested on
Xemacs-21.4.19 (Mule and no-Mule) and GNU Emacs 21.4. However it
is sad for me, as a long time Xemacs user, to _un-recommend_ the
use of Xemacs for the moment.

RECOMMENDATION:
The reason is that any version of Xemacs, either 21.4.x or
21.5.x, does not provide full UTF8 support. By that I mean that
Xemacs will/can *destroy* UTF8 chars. Since most of todays
wikipedia articles are using UTF8 coding, this is not acceptable.
Hopefully soon Xemacs 21.5.x will provide full UTF8 support and I
can happily recommend Xemacs again.

NEWS:

   font-lock support has been rewritten and enhanced. A lot of
   functions have been added which allow to insert
   wikipedia-makeup language.  Finally some "draft", "send", and
   "reply" functionality has been introduced, which might be
   useful for wikipedia discussion pages.

I specifically  recommend to  use wikipedia-mode.el together with
mozex,  which has  been  recently updated,  provide UTF8  support
hotkey  binding  and  more.   For  details  see  the installation
instructions.  http://mozex.mozdev.org/development.html

Enjoy

Uwe Brauer