Re: eclips.el - periodically collect clipboard contents

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: eclips.el - periodically collect clipboard contents
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:02:51 +0200

    Ian> ;;; eclips.el --- periodically collect clipboard contents

    [...]

    Toto> But since I like both kinds of music, I tried using it with XEmacs,
    Toto> too:

Hi,

still at it. Two more XEmacs issues:

If `zmacs-region' is t (XEmacs equivalent to transient-mark-mode), `mark-marker'
has to be called with optional FORCE argument (which doesn't exist under GNU
Emacs). My solution is to define a wrapper function:

(defun eclips-mark-marker ()
  "Compatibility function to act as a wrapper for XEmacs and GNU Emacs differing
`mark-marker' functions. The GNU Emacs version has no arguments, the XEmacs
version has to be called (here) with optional argument FORCE if `zmacs-region'
is active."
  (if (featurep 'xemacs)
      (mark-marker t)
    (mark-marker)))

and call `eclips-mark-marker' instead of `mark-marker'. Is this the right
approach to such a problem?

The other problem is linked to `run-at-times'. I get "itimer timeout value not
positive: 0" error messages on calling `eclips-start-recording'. Haven't found
out why. As a workaround I used run-with-idle-timer instead and specified a
timeout:

      (setq eclips-timer (run-with-idle-timer 0.2 eclips-timer-interval
'eclips-timer-function))

This has the advantage that it fixes my problem and maybe eclips shouldn't be
getting in the way of the user editing; running only when idle could be
better. The timeout could be customized...

Hope this is useful.

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

RWTH Aaachen -- Jetzt noch weiter vorne...