Re: keyring support

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: keyring support
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 11:38:20 -0600

Tom> This code adds some simple keyring support to Emacs.  For the moment
Tom> this is just some lisp-level support for managing a keyring.  The .el
Tom> defines a simple API for managing a keyring, and a couple back ends:
Tom> an Emacs-specific keyring using GPG, and an interface to the Gnome
Tom> keyring (via the attached C program).

Leo> Is this package a subset of easypg?

No, I don't think so.  I downloaded and looked at easypg.  It does
seem to have some keyring management, but AFAICT this is just
management of your GPG keyring.  keyring.el is for maintaining
passwords for various services in encrypted form... like the Gnome
keyring or the Mozilla password manager.

Tom