Re: undo-tree.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: undo-tree.el
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 14:09:08 -0500

I like it and would be interested in integrating something along these
lines into Emacs, but it would need to be integrated with the existing
undo system.
If you look at the implementation of undo-only, you'll see that the
undo-equiv-table gives at least a large part of the data that is
necessary to turn the linear undo-list into a tree.  If more is needed,
we can probably cook something up for it.

        Stefan

PS: Along the same lines, it would be neat to hook your completion-ui
work into the new completion-in-region-functions.