Re: dired colors

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Re: dired colors
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:50:26 -1200

2011/1/17 Vinicius Jose Latorre <address@hidden>:
> Well, first I edited dired-colors.el given by email, because the source file
> lines were wrapped.

Try the following link and download a tarball from here:

http://davin.50webs.com/research/2010/mopa2e2.html#dired-colors

> Then I tried to eval-buffer dired-colors.el, but Emacs gave an error:
>
> setq: Symbol's value as variable is void: emacs-dialect--dosemacs-p

Mistake on my part

> So I inserted the line:
>
> (setq emacs-dialect--dosemacs-p nil)
>
> But when I tried to use dired, Emacs gave another error:
>
> while: Symbol's function definition is void: incf
>
> So, I inserted: (require 'cl)

It seems to work on my computer without (require 'cl) but it doesn't
do any harm to add it so I will in future versions.

> Ok, but when I tried to use dired, Emacs does not open a dired buffer and
> gives the following error:
>
> dired-colors--hook: Wrong number of arguments: quote, 4

I have never seen an error like this before.

> Could you help me?

Try doing a C-M-k on the quote form and see if it works then.

Please tell me if you are successful or unsuccessful in getting my code to work!

--
Sincerely and kindest regards, Davin.
Davin Pearson    http://www.davinpearson.com