Re: [GNU-linux-libre] bluez-firmware

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] bluez-firmware
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 23:49:36 +0200

Tlamaki GNU/Linux wrote:
Hello.

The bluez-firmware package is proprietary. Debian is marked as
non-free. The license: http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/b/bluez-firmware/bluez-firmware_1.2-2/bluez-firmware.copyright Should be added to the blacklist? In Tlamaki has been removed: http://tlamaki.org/tlamaki-1.0

Legally and technically not modifiable, so non-free.

I wonder, does OpenSUSE have a concept of a non-free repository like Debian? If it doesn't, and we're going to replicate (almost) all of Debian's non-free on the wiki page, then I fear that it will become unpractical in that form. An alternative would be to say that everything in Debian non-free should be considered to be on the blacklist and maintain a whitelist beside it. Not ideal either, but much less work, I figure.