Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: eID-belgium

From: Tlamaki GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: eID-belgium
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 08:43:12 -0500

> Let me ask your question another way.
>
> Is it a good idea to make people use only proprietary software for any
> task?
>
> I think you will find that nobody (in this grouping at any rate) says
> you should make people use proprietary software.
>
> Regards
> P.
Hello.

It is not proprietary software. eID-belgium is free software, distributed
under GPL. The issue is ethics, not practice. This is software that
enables personal identification tasks in Belgium. Ethically: you
distribute this software? My estimation ethics says "no". But my technique
will say "yes". It is a question from both directions.  So forward it to
RMS because he is interested in issues identification cards. No national
identity cards in http://stallman.org

:-(
--
José Luis M. Moreno