Re: [GNU-linux-libre] mirror

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] mirror
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 23:28:00 GMT

    Isn't this the same situation as gnuplot?

You're right.

    I thought we considered that 'free but annoying',

You're right.  There are numerous reiterations in the FSF licensing
queue stating that very thing.  (I actually knew that but didn't think
of it in time.  Sigh.)

    or am i missing something?

Not you, me :).  I was misled by this statement on free-sw.html:

> Freedom 3 includes distributing modified versions, not just changes.

But I guess that rms is actually talking about something else, ie, the
freedom to distribute binaries + patches + original sources is enough.
Still confusing :(.

Thanks,
kb