Re: [GNU-linux-libre] updates on nonfsg page

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] updates on nonfsg page
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 08:20:19 +0200

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 21:51:51 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

Karl Goetz wrote:
- I don't care whether pipes are at the start or end of a line. My "2010-09-10T07:59:01" edit made everything consistent with the
majority of entries. It would be nice if we can agree on one style
and make it that in one big swoop, because (re-)reflowing according
to personal preference detracts from the actual diff.

I find pipes at line end completely bizarre and unnecessarily hard to
use. If there is agreement on changing them all to line start, i'm
happy to do the work.

You have my blessing. :)

[5] is about command-not-found, which appears to work completely
differently in Debian. I've not run it (system too old), but the
problematic files/directories are not included in the package. Can
someone else provide input?
It's database is built with update-command-not-found, which extracts
its data from Contents-*.gz. Should be OK, I think.

Guess this is not a problem for free distributions.
Not sure what to add to the wiki page though. it may be a debian change
to free it up a bit, or it may be an upstream change in how the db is
made.

patches/ in the Debian source package doesn't make that change, so I guess it must be upstream.