Re: A GNU “social contract”? - Ban the violators

From: nylxs
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”? - Ban the violators
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 17:55:55 -0500

On 1/8/20 3:38 PM, Andreas Enge wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 11:14:47PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> I personally like to call it the GNU Social Contract.  But some people
>> do seem to get confused by the word contract.  Since it means promises
>> we are making to each other and the broader Free Sofware community,
>> maybe we should simply call Our GNU Promises?  Or a more long and
>> boring title like: GNU Principles and Mission Statement? Or keeping
>> social contract, but explain it as GNU Mission Statement and Social
>> Contract?
> admittedly, I like the name "GNU Social Contract", as a reference to
> the Debian Social Contract as well as Rousseau. I wonder what it tells
> about our time that people do not think of social philosophy, but
> rather of civil law contracts when they hear the word "social contract"...
>
> Your alternative suggestions lack somewhat in snappiness, if I may be
> so bold. But if someone comes up with an alternative name that expresses
> well the intentions behind the document and is short and to the point,
> we should discuss it.
>
> Andreas

You guys in Paris don't miss a beat,  You are relentless in your attempt
to subvert and destroy GNU and destroy Richard Stallman.

I don't see how this can continue other than resulting in a complete BAN
from GNU of all the supporters of this rebellion.  Whether Richard find
it distasteful or not, I see no choice but to ban off of you, starting
with Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>, and working through the entire
list, .Mark Wielaard, Andreas R. <avr@softwarelibre.nl>, Carlos O'Donell
<carlos@systemhalted.org>, the whole group is just going to have to be
kicked out.

This is like getting a shot when your sick.  The sooner and fastest it
is don't the sooner this drama comes to a close.