gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] patches to gnucap-2006-07-08

From: Dan McMahill
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] patches to gnucap-2006-07-08
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 23:22:02 -0400

al davis wrote:
On Thursday 17 August 2006 08:00, Stuart Brorson wrote:

but why ever totally remove the man/html directory?  Why
not just remove all of the generated files in there?  Or
does HeVeA have some issue with that?

On Thursday 17 August 2006 08:00, Stuart Brorson wrote:

Pardon me for butting in here. I basically agree with Dan. In other projects I've seen, an empty directory for stuff yet
to be built will still have the Makefile.am in it to enable
building the directory's contents using the GNU build stuff. It makes the lives of the developers (and downstream users)
sooooo much easier than trying to fool the automake system
some other way.

It is something else to maintain.

Why is that file needed at all? All it does is list the files so they will be in the distribution file. Since the whole thing is generated, the file names are not known ahead, so it is a wildcard list anyway. Why not just list "html/*" in the parent's Makefile?

I'll see if I can do this. It will be next week before I have a chance to look at it though.

-Dan