gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] problem with clone_instance

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] problem with clone_instance
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 10:40:40 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:34:10AM -0500, al davis wrote:
> > verilog
> > res X(1,2);.
>
> That statement is ambuguous.

> This part of spice syntax doesn't have a counterpart in verilog
> syntax.

yes. what do you suggest? raise an exception? i do not care too much,
but it should not segfault :)

> It is not a link back to the kind of device it matches, so that
> code is incorrect.

agreed.

> The real problem is that the constructor MODEL_SEMI**** is
> defective, so it should be fixed there.  The purpose of
> _component_proto is exactly this, so the constructor must
> initialize it.

hmm which value for _component_proto would be correct? if i don't want
an unconditional resistor, then i will have to catch the null pointer
somewhere within MODEL_CARD.

> [..]
> I think for the future we should consider eliminating the
> MODEL_CARD hierarchy completely.

sounds reasonable. and as a consequence "res X(1 2);" will no longer run
into the spice "model"...

regards
felix