gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] verilator

From: John Griessen
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] verilator
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 12:44:52 -0500

On 10/12/2014 11:43 AM, Felix Salfelder wrote:
  Isn't there a way to set
>gnucap up to deal with that without recompiling for each new digital filter
design?
redesigning the digital filter will require a recompilation (of the
filter). changing instance parameters will not require recompilation.
but i guess i do not fully understand your question (?).

I was thinking of compilation of verilator code separately from the digital
filter design,
but I suppose it would best be done with make files with filter and verilator
for the D2A part all synchronized and compile what
is needed decided by make.

Just treating the verilator output as recorded signals would not cover testing
inputs to
a digital filter well...it would depend more on human error prone steps.

A good make file that runs verilator and gnucap seems like the way.  That's
where your
suggestion of wrapper programming for gnucap comes in, right?